The barista world is increasingly becoming over-complicated. With fancy brews and hipster coffee trends taking over, finding a cup of simple coffee is challenging.
In this cluttered world, even ordering your coffee of choice online, is just as complicated.
We had to position McCafé as a coffee brand that cuts out the frills and fuss and gives its customers just what they want, simple coffee that can be ordered in a simple way.
Describe the creative idea.
McCafé prides itself in serving coffee without any extras, complications or fuss. To illustrate just how simple our coffees are, we created playful, interactive banners that let people place their coffee orders in just a few swipes.
Describe the strategy.
At McCafé, each coffee is made from simple ingredients in specific proportions. So we demonstrated just that in our mobile web banners. Those who placed the orders online, could select their favourite coffees by swiping up and down to adjust the proportion of coffee according to their preference. In just a few swipes, viewers could select their coffee and be directed to the nearest McCafe store if they were within a 150 meter range.
Describe the execution.
An idea so simple, we didn’t need a complicated execution to translate it. With a minimal graphic style that incorporates just a few colours, we developed a design that truly embodies the notion ‘less is more’.
List the results.
• Business impact – sales, donations, site traffic - Coffee sales increased by 15% on delivery website/app vs average week – which shows that the simplicity of the ad played a key role in people’s behavior to order coffee online.
• Response rate - Click through rate = 1.6% (110% over the industry benchmark)
• Impressions - 300,000 impressions
• Change in behavior - McDelivery website / App visits increased by 30% vs average week visits.
• Consumer awareness - 300,000 impressions