The campaign succeeded in changing perceptions towards the festival and the behaviour of people - recording a record number of attendees in the history of the event.
- Record number of ticket sales with attendance up 35%
- Total package sales up 88%
- Student attendance up 50%
- Facebook/Twitter fans doubled to 34,765 & 30,861 respectively.
- DIFF website received over 100% unique visits
- DIFF mobile site received over 950% unique visits
- DIFF YouTube Channel receiving 1,150,400 views compared to 160,000 views from last year. Almost 10 times more than the previous year.
Inspired by this, we teamed up with acclaimed Clinical Psychologist Dr. Raymond Hamden to create:
'The DIFF Film Personality Test'.
A series of credible Inkblots developed to build interest for the festival based on genuine film-related psychometric results. What people interpreted determined the film genre they may be interested in before the festival actually begins.
Campaign touch points allowed people to either take the test or be directed to a list of films, based on their interpretations, for which they could buy tickets for well in advance.
2/ Press & Outdoor Posters
2/ DM Packs released
3/ Cinema Activation (Film Personality Test) at Mall of Emirates
4/ Instagram Competition
5/ YouTube (Film Personality Test)
Insights, Strategy and the Idea
The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) showcases everything from independent and regional short films, to cultural features and international blockbusters. Last year attendance rates were lower than expected with people preferring mainstream movies at the cinema than attend the festival. People were not relating to DIFF. And we had to convert these cinemagoers into festivalgoers.
The truth about film is that everyone sees it differently. And we wanted to use this problem of perception to our advantage.