|Brand||FIRST ABU DHABI BANK (FAB)|
|Entrant||HAVAS Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES|
|Category||Digital, Social & Emerging Tech|
HAVAS Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Why is this work relevant for Entertainment?
Digital technology has brought a new level of entertainment to sport.
At best, it brings the gut-punch thrill of competition to the user.
And digital has the power to take this to more people, more of the time. So what was the privileged passion of a few thousand can now by shared by the many.
"Speed Face" uses Snapchat to bring the wider population of the UAE into the excitement of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - reflecting the brand message of the nation's largest bank in a more powerful way...a way only sport and digital can achieve.
Now in its 10th year the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix showcases some of the strongest performance of the Formula One season. For that reason, First Abu Dhabi Bank are proud sponsors with the event being a key part of its "Grow Stronger" momentum.
To bring the bank's customers, prospects and colleagues throughout the UAE closer to the nation's most popular event by using immersive digital channels over the 4 day the event, culminating in the Race Day on 25th November.
High awareness of FAB's connection with F1 and the Grand Prix. Intense involvement over the F1 weekend with high engagement from mobile users in the UAE following the coverage.
Describe the creative idea.
See what it feels like to travel at 350 kms per hour by discovering your Formula 1 Speed Face with lead sponsor FAB. At the same time experience what it's like trackside on the FAB video feeds.
Describe the strategy
Although the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix attracts 60,000 attendees, the ticket price starts at $500 - much more than the majority of customers can afford. As the UAE's largest bank, FAB wants as many of its 10,000 employees and customers to be involved in the F1 experience as possible...even if they can't physically be there.
Target audience relevant to platform:
Of the 7 million adult UAE residents, we know 1.1 million of them are active daily users of Snapchat, 68% of whom are in FAB's core audience demographic of 18-34. And they love to share their experiences.
1. Build a lens with Snapchat that conveys the F1 driving experience.
2. Deliver this as a "live experience" on the FAB VIP stand trackside.
3. Surround the filter with "live" coverage on other platforms (Twitter, Instagram, FB and YouTube)
4. Amplify the coverage with competitions, influencers and micro-influencers
Describe the execution
* "Speed Face" was developed by 15 strong Snapchat/agency team in the in 8 weeks before the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
* Launched at the FAB VIP stand with top local influencers Max of Arabia and
* They showed off the "Speed Face" live capsule on the stand which delivered Polaroids of their Speed Face. They also used the Snapchat lens to spread the word.
* Simultaneously, FAB launched the lens to Snapchat users throughout the UAE.
* Bank customers were invited on FB, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to win 10 tickets and 2 special VIP tickets to the Speed Face stand.
* The lens was promoted on the video news feed posted three times daily on social media channels.
* All supported by Twitter in-stream ads running on Formula 1 official videos, YouTube Trueview pre-rolls, a Twitter masthead on race day and live coverage across channels.
Describe the outcome
The results beat all the benchmarks.
* Snapchat "Speed Face" delivered over 1.4 million impressions - 65% of which were paid for - that's equivalent to 20% of the adult population.
* "Speed Face" reached a total of 525,000 unique Snapchat users in just 48 hours - that's over half the user base.
* The lens itself attained a share rate 55% over the base benchmark with a unique playtime of 19 seconds - that's 7 seconds more than benchmark.
* Twitter in-stream videos achieved an engagement rate of 15% - that's 14x better than benchmark at a quarter of the average CPE.
* The F1 Twitter Masthead netted 1.4 million trend impressions, almost double the UAE benchmark.
* Prerolls on YouTube Trueview realised a view through rate of 49% - that's 3x higher than benchmark.
* The competition for tickets attracted 19,600 comments.
||Executive Creative Director
||Social Media Manager
||Social Media Executive
||Associate Media Director
||Senior Account Director
||Senior Account Manager
||Head of Group Digital
||Digital and Social Media Lead
||Social Media Lead