2015 Winners & Shortlists



Case Film

Presentation Board

EntrantFP7/CAI Cairo, EGYPT
CategoryFast moving consumer goods
Entrant Company FP7/CAI Cairo, EGYPT
Advertising Agency FP7/CAI Cairo, EGYPT
Production Company FILM MARSHALS Cairo, EGYPT
Production Company 2 AROMA Giza, EGYPT

The Brief

Egyptians were sure that this year their National Team would qualify for the World Cup. Sadly, this dream was shattered. As a culture leader and World Cup sponsor, it became Coca-Cola’s role to put a smile on people’s faces and make them wait for the World Cup’s inauguration. Coca-Cola created a new under the cap promotion, which gave Egyptians the opportunity to fly to Brazil to enjoy the World Cup. Our broad target included new and existing consumers, and lastly, we were aiming to drive our sales and create a “talk of town” campaign.

Describe how the promotion developed from concept to implementation

Coca-Cola partnered with former captain of the national team Wael Gomaa. No one had ever seen the funny side of him, and he is one of the reasons why we lost. He scored a goal in his own net. Kicking off with Gomaa in despair, it is explained that even though Gomaa has lost his opportunity, it doesn’t mean that his namesake has, then Gomaa is metamorphosed into others who can still make it. Starting by launching the TVC, which was backed up on YouTube. We went on-ground and gave the opportunity to many to win tickets via online platforms.

Describe the success of the promotion with both client and consumer including some quantifiable results

• YouTube: – Total views: 3.3 million – The video was ranked #2 for the most shared on YouTube in the MENA region • Twitter: – Fans increased by 1,100 • Facebook: – 5,000 new likes – TVC post got 4.5 likes • Instagram: – Total no of hashtag usage 8,128 in 6 days – Fans increased by 200% • Redemption rate: – 12 % redemption rate during the period of the campaign • Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): • Brand Love Score (BLS) Total: +0.5 • BLS Teens: +0.3 • Daily Consumption (Total): +0.1 • Daily Consumption (Teens): +4% • Worth What It Costs (Total): +16% • Worth What It Costs (Teens): +14% • Always doing new things: +11%

Explain why the method of promotion was most relevant to the product or service

As an icon of happiness, culture leader and a sponsor of the World Cup, Coca-Cola devised a new under the cap promotion “Your Bottle will take you to the World Cup”, which succeeded in re-invoking excitement about the World Cup and 100 tickets to Brazil were given to 100 winners. To reach out to a wider target and to give more people the opportunity to fly to Brazil, we resorted to creating this new under the cap promotion via buying our bottles which are found everywhere from little kiosks to hypermarkets.


Name Company Role
Tameem Younis FP7/CAI Creative Director
Maged Nassar FP7/CAI Creative Director
Sherif Youssef FP7/CAI Art Director
Mohamed Abdel Hamid FP7/CAI Senior Graphic Designer
Ezzat Soliman FP7/CAI Senior Grapic Designer
Heba Radwan FP7/CAI Head Of Production
Ashraf Hosafy FP7/CAI Tv Producer
Inas Nagi FP7/CAI Tv Producer
Mahmoud Enayet FP7/CAI Post Production Supervisor
Sahar El Zoghby FP7/CAI Managing Director
Ahmed Fayez FP7/CAI Business Unit Head
Magued Farahat FP7/CAI Account Director
Ahmed Youssef FP7/CAI Account Manager
Yara Walid FP7/CAI Account Executive
Omar Helal N/A Director/Dop
Youssef Ayoub Coca/Cola Atlantic Industries Senior Brand Manager
Karim Samir Coca/Cola Atlantic Industries Brand Manager
Malak Gomaa Coca/Cola Atlantic Industries Assistant Brand Manager
Tariq Ali Zanad Zanad Director/ Founder
Hosney Ali Frequency Sound Designer