STARCOM MEDIAVEST GROUP Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
GOOD PEOPLE Beirut, LEBANON
The objective was to build affinity and TOM awareness for our brand.
The challenge was a limited budget. This meant we had to look at simple yet effective ways to connect with consumers, in a culturally relevant manner that will build awareness for the brand and win the hearts and minds of our consumers during a time of uncertainty.
The strategy was to select a neighborhood and distribute illuminating pegs to its ladies who will use those pegs to hang their laundry and light up their neighborhood. We would then film the transformation and seed it online for further engagement.
The initiative was aligned with Bonux’s equity and purpose. We encourage ladies with smart solutions and help them make lemonade when life gives them lemons. With a prevalent balcony culture where they spend most of their days, we decided to bring back the cheer to those gloomy balconies with illuminating pegs that were used not only to hang their laundry, but also to decorate and light up their neighborhood.
Bonux did the following:
• For 1 day we selected an impoverished neighborhood in Beirut where we gave away small Bonux bags containing 12 illuminating pegs to its ladies
• The ladies used them to hang their laundry which colored their neighborhood and brought back the cheer just right in time for Christmas
• We filmed the ladies’ reactions and the transformation of the neighborhood and crafted an edit out of it where we leveraged it online through our Bonux Facebook page
Describe the success of the promotion with both client and consumer including some quantifiable results
The initiative built affinity with our consumers, as it was relevant and came as a surprise element just in time for Christmas during a period of turmoil.
Our ladies who are resourceful ladies seeking smart solutions in life were very appreciative of this smart idea.
We were able to bring back the happy spirit to the neighborhood that we targeted and prove that simple things can bring joyful moments in life.
With a very limited budget put behind the shoot, edit and media, the online video managed to attain great results.
• 800K views were attained out of a potential audience of 500K.
• 99.96% positive sentiment was generated as almost everyone was expressing their enthusiasm and love for the idea which grew to even praising the product!
• 13x engagement rate was generated compared to industry standards (11% versus 0.83%)
Explain why the method of promotion was most relevant to the product or service
The initiative was targeted to the ladies living in a neighborhood of Beirut that is poorly lit and cannot afford to have decorations for Christmas. We went to their homes and distributed small branded Bonux bags each containing 12 illuminating pegs.
The ladies were invited to use those illuminating pegs to hang their laundry turning, their laundry lines into light garlands and brining back the Christmas cheer.
The idea was to encourage women to find smart solutions and allow them to turn simple ingredients, like pegs, into an extraordinary scene, bringing back the joy to their families and neighborhood.